Sunday, December 23, 2012

Happiness Lately - 12/23/12

Happy holidays dear readers! Today was a good day and I want to share it with you. It was spontaneous, relaxing, and just what I needed. Well, most of it was relaxing. Driving around in the rainstorm was slightly hectic, but hey, all's well that ends well eh?

The bf, my good friend, and I had dim sum at Hong Kong Lounge in Outer Richmond. There was barely a wait which was good because we were hungry! So hungry that I basically forgot to snap pics until there was only one piece left of everything. Better late than never right?

Salty porridge with Chinese donut topping

Shrimp noodle

Custard buns

Curry dumplings

Shrimp and pork shumai
My favorite dish was the xiao long bao which was one of the first things to come out so it was devoured before the thought of capturing it on film entered my one track mind. So you'll have to trust me, it was good!

Definitely recommend this place if you're in the mood for dim sum. Usually there is a wait though, so be forewarned.

Then we dropped my friend off and meandered over to the Ferry Building. This is one of my favorite spots in the city. It's a beautiful space next to the water and the vendors there are interesting enough so it never really gets old. Plus there's a Sur La Table location there, which is the equivalent of crack cocaine to me. 

Macaroons at Miette
Interesting shaped heads of broccoli
Apples
Blue Bottle coffee
All the hustle and bustle 
Acme bread
Carb heaven!
Display of cheese at Cowgirl Creamery
No thanks!
I haven't seen kombucha vinegar before!
Fresh oysters
Overcast day 
This was amazing. The cheese broiled until it was a fondue consistency, and then....
He did THIS. It looked and smelled divine. Absolutely divine.
Afterwards we braved Trader Joes and Safeway cuz I'm cooking Christmas Day lunch. On the menu is broccoli soup, the Pioneer Woman's Peach Whiskey BBQ chicken, and mashed potatoes. Hope it all tastes good!

1 comment: