Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spicy peanut butter noodles



Peanut butter noodles was a dish my mom used to make for me as a child all the time. It was one of my favorite meals on a hot day with cool, creamy noodles and crisp vegetables. I love the flavor pairing of the semi sweet peanut butter with the tangy soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Tastebud explosion.

I've been making peanut butter noodles forever, but this recipe on Pinterest inspired me to photograph and write out my version. 

Makes 2-3 servings

1/2 bag of cooked noodles - here I used soba noodles but angel hair or spaghetti works too
Peanut sauce - recipe below
Assorted chopped veggies, such as cabbage, shredded carrots, cucumbers, or broccoli 
Optional: Sriracha sauce, chopped peanuts

Sauce:

1/2 cup peanut butter
Soy sauce
Rice wine vinegar
Sesame oil

Measure out the peanut butter into a bowl. Add equal parts of soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, whisking until the peanut butter smooths into a sauce. Personally I like thicker sauce, but the beauty of this is it's totally customizable. If you want, you can add some warm water or chicken broth to soften the flavor. Add a few drops of sesame oil - a little goes a long way. 

You have options with the veggies too. Sometimes I just use raw vegetables but if you're not feeling that just give them a quick saute. 

Put the noodles and veggies in a serving bowl and add the peanut butter sauce. Toss until well combined. Top with sriracha and chopped peanuts, if using. 


Hope you give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment