Friday, April 6, 2012

Avocado & green onion salad dressing



This is a wonderfully fresh, healthy, and delicious salad dressing that pairs well with arugula or butter lettuce. As I'm trying to eat less processed foods, salad dressing was a big pain. I don't love the taste of raw olive oil, so the typical balsamic and olive oil combination wasn't really cutting it for me. I like fatty dressings, i.e. blue cheese, ranch, and caesar. So for a while I just gave up on salad.

Then, one day Whole Foods tweeted out this recipe and I had to give it a whirl. Made a slight modification and overall very pleased.

Makes 1/2 cup dressing

1/2 avocado
3 green onions
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 tbsp vinegar (any kind you have)
Dab of salt and pepper to taste

Place all the ingredients in a blender and give it a good pulse. Leftover dressing will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. What a perfect color for spring eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment