Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happiness lately 2-21-12

From left to right:
1) Chicken tortilla soup - recipe post to come soon!
2) Toffee sticky pudding from John Bentley's
3) Angel hair pasta w/ dungeness crab & linguica from Yankee Pier
4) Delicious Maine lobster from Boomtown
Just a few foodie moments so far this month. Intending to post the full recipe for the chicken tortilla soup this week - perfect for a cold night with a dash of heat to warm up your tummy. I've made this a few times now and just love the fun you can have with toppings. Sour cream, salsa, cheese, avocado, onions, ::droooool::

For Valentines Day the bf and I had dinner at John Bentley's, a "seasonal American" restaurant. Food is fresh and gasp - seasonal, service is always on par, and atmosphere is dark and romantic. Their sticky toffee pudding dessert is to-die-for.

Over the long weekend we moseyed down to Santana Row intending to go to Yardhouse - that is until the hostess haughtily informed me that wait was over 1.5 hours. We were waaay too hungry for that business! So we walked to Pizza Antica where the wait was similar, kept walking, and eventually made our way to Yankee Pier. Overall, I much prefer Sam's Chowder House in Half Moon Bay for seafood (i.e. if you live in the Bay Area and have NOT tried a lobster roll from Sam's, you need to get your priorities straight). But this pasta dish at Yankee Pier was noms.

Last but certainly not least, we hit up the Maine lobster buffet at Boomtown on a recent jaunt up to Lake Tahoe. It doesn't have stellar reviews on yelp, so maybe I just got two really dang good lobsters, but I thought this place was off the hizzy! In addition to lobster, they have prime rib, fried chicken, extensive salad bar, Asian food, pizza, mac n cheese, etc. But people come here for the lobster. The couple besides us had no less than five lobsters each. I couldn't eat more than two! After cracking two my hands were sore and scratched! Clearly I need more practice which I will get when we go back up this weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Caroline! So happy I found your blog. Looks like you are doing great. Fabulous to re-connect!

    ReplyDelete