Saturday, January 7, 2012

Guacamole!


One dish that always perks me up is a fresh bowl of guacamole.  It's such a cheery snack, great color, taste, and crowd pleasing.  Over the years I've experimented with a lot of guac recipes, including adding mayo (holy horror!), salsa, various spices, and toppings.  Well I am a much wiser cook now (wink wink) and have come to firmly believe that guacamole is a dish best showcased with simple ingredients.  Here is my go-to method.

Makes: 4 servings

2 ripe avocados (Costco usually has nice Hass avocados)
1 clove garlic
1 jalapeno
1 fresh tomato
1/2 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

This is as easy as it gets folks.

Slice avocados in half and using a spoon, scoop the insides into a bowl.


Add diced garlic, jalapeno, tomato, and lemon juice.

Nail color ~ Chanel Peridot :)
Using a fork, mash together until mixed but not so much that the avocado chunks completely fall apart. Chunky guacamole is the way to go!

Serve with tortilla chips.



1 comment:

  1. I've won guacamole competitions by just using garlic salt to taste... I'm going to have to try your method though...

    ReplyDelete