Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hawaiian pizza


I got the idea to make this from a Hawaiian pizza the bf ordered at 21st Amendment one night before a Giants game.  I tasted some of his pizza and they really did a nice job here. Small pieces of jalapeno give it some heat. At once I wanted to re-create it at home and finally got around to it this week. Off topic, this place is famous for it's watermelon beer, which I highly and enthusiastically recommend. It's really refreshing. They have a beer garden before every game and it's p-a-c-k-e-d.

Makes 1 pizza (serves 4-5)

Raw pizza dough (you can get this at TJ's)
Handful of cornmeal
Pizza sauce
Mozzarella
1/2 thinly sliced onion
Ham (I used thin deli slices which I like better than thick Canadian bacon)
Pineapple chunks
1 diced jalapeno
Oregano

**Disclaimer: I didn't measure anything.... just went with the flow....

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Get out a cookie sheet and spray it down with Pam. Sprinkle generously with cornmeal.

Dump the pizza dough on the cookie sheet and use your fingers to flatten it into a square-ish shape. The cornmeal really helps to keep the dough from sticking to your fingers. And, it leaves a nice crunchy texture on the  crust. AND it's not as messy as flour :)

Once you are happy with the dough, ladle generous amounts of pizza sauce on top. Spread evenly. Add the sliced mozzarella cheese, onions, ham, pineapple, and oregano on top.
Looks delish already!
Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove and let cool before slicing. It was utter perfection, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment