Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Asparagus and mushroom frittata


This is the first frittata I've ever made, so I'm probably in no place to be giving tips. But, this turned out to be a pretty bomb-@ss frittata. Either way, in my amateur opinion, the key to making a good frittata is the right pan. It has to be oven-proof and has to heat up evenly. I used a cast iron skillet and it worked really well. 

Makes 1 frittata

7 eggs
1 lb asparagus
3 mushrooms
1 tomato
1/2 cup grated cheese (I used smoked cheddar)
Several basil leaves, julienned
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven broiler to 350 degrees.

Chop up asparagus diagonally
Dice tomatoes and mushrooms
Whip eggs, add chopped basil, and shredded cheese
Throw veggies into pan and saute  until soft
Add egg mixture to pan and turn heat to low. Cook until edges are formed.
Place entire pan in the broiler for 5 minutes, or until the top is cooked through. Take out and let cool. Slice and enjoy for a quick snack or breakfast. 

1 comment: