Thursday, July 21, 2011

Photo session in SF

Last Sunday I went tramping around San Francisco with a friend to shoot photos around the city. It's been beautiful outdoors and the city was unusually sunny and warm. We started at the Palace of Fine Arts, walked over to the Marina for a view of the Golden Gate, stopped by the Ferry Building, and ended in Chinatown. It was nice to spend the whole day totally focused on taking photos. Normally when I'm out with friends or trying to get somewhere I pressure myself the just "get the shot". I'll just snap using auto settings that I know will get me the kind of photo I want. But this day I shot totally on manual, taking the time to set up the shot and experiment with aperture and shutter speed.
Cheese at Cowgirl Creamery
Ducks @ Palace of Fine Arts

Fountain

Walking to the Ferry Building

Ferry Building

Palace of Fine Arts

Miette

Golden Gate
Naturally I took this opportunity to try out a new restaurant, and my friend is a discerning burrito critic, so we went to Papalote on 24th Street in the Mission. We both ordered a super carne asada burrito. To be honest, the burrito is good, but what makes it great is the smoky salsa that this place is famous for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment