Monday, May 2, 2011

Pumpkin walnut muffins


Naturally, sanely, and reasonably, late Sunday night I decided to use my ripe bananas to make muffins. I got the mixer out, threw in a stick of butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and turned around for my bananas. To my horror, they were gone! I think my roommates might have eaten them or thrown them out. Not to be deterred, I scavanged around for something I could substitute. I found a can of pumpkin and all was right in the world again.

Makes 12 muffins

1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup walnuts

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin sheet with Pam. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and mix until smooth. Alternate adding flour and pumpkin to the batter, mix until well combined. Add rest of ingredients and mix again.

Using ice-cream scooper, fill up muffin sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes until an inserted fork comes out clean.

These babies are moist and delectable. I had one for breakfast this morning, next time I think I'll add some wheat germ and see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment